My extremely awesome Mom sent another wonderful birthday gift – a home brew kit. So now the beer is on. I. Can’t. Wait. The first batch is going to be a super simple dark ale suggested by the wonderful people at Larry’s Brewing Supply. The ladies there walked me thru the entire process right there and encouraged me to call with any problems. How many yarn shops do that?
Being a closet gamer and armed with beer brewing toys – I thought it would be cool to create a DND tavern dinner. And to add to my craziness, figure out how to make/grow/brew everything from scratch. So far I have a small working list to attempt sometime this summer.
- Jamie’s Baked Beans – A sort of bangers and mash. I made this last month – had to tweak it a bit and added sausage. It was awesome!
- a good 100% whole grain bread for the best-ever BLT with home-grown veggies, fresh bacon, and fresh mayo.
- Derby or Leicester Cheese
- Chorizo and Bratwurst
- Sarsaparilla and a dairy-free ice cream (for DD)
- Smoked Porter or another yummy red Irish
- Beef Pasties and Guinness Beef Stew
- Crumbles, pies, and a Chocolate Guinness Cake – this cake is sinfully good – and don’t worry about the butter. The cake is so dark, the calories can’t find you. LOL
- a Parmesan and batch of spaghetti noodles for a friend’s amazing sauce.
What did I leave out?